Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I love you more...


As a child one aspires to be a ballerina, a vet, a designer, a princess and the list goes on. From a young age I always new I wanted to be a mother, a nurturer, a set of arms always open to embrace, a pillar for my loved ones to lean on. My soul simply could not wait until I was a big girl to become a mommy so when my sister came into my life I jumped on the opportunity to love someone more than myself, to scold her, to hug her at night and practice all my mommy tecniques! It was not until my son was born that my little sister took the place of a sister -she was no longer my baby. It was all changing for me, my baby sister was now the one giving me advice, listening to my stories, and wiping the tears away from my face. Was this a role-reversal? Was she the new mom on the block? No, she simply became my sister aka your best friend that's related to you! Sisters are teachers, messengers, friends, healers... They are magical and add color to your life. They surprise you and make you laugh until you pee yourself. Marine, I LOVE YOU MORE...

No comments:

Post a Comment